A couple of years ago I ran into this guy while I was talking with a friend that was the epitome of a “Killah”. He knew the person I was talking to (a female), and just barged into the middle of our conversation, then started his own with her. He then turned towards me and when started off the conversation with “Were you ever in the military?” My response was “Nope, Peace Corps.” At that point he started regaling us of his heroic actions while in Iraq with the USMC. I’m usually pretty good at seeing through a Bullshitter when it comes to military service, and right off the bat this Dude was throwing “green star clusters” with every other word.
He starts telling me of being wounded by a .50 cal outside of Baghdad, and at that point I’d had enough. The conversation went like this from that point:
- Me: So you have been awarded the Purple Heart?
- Half Inch Hole: Yeah.
- Me: Where were you hit?
- Half Inch Hole: In the arm.
- Me: Why do you still have an arm?
- Half Inch Hole: What do you mean?
- Me; Do you understand the power a fifty has?
- Half Inch Hole: Sure, It just went straight through.
- Me: Uh huh. So where outside of Baghdad was this incident?
- Half Inch Hole: What do you mean?
- Me:: There are dozens of small villages and towns around Baghdad, which one was it and what where the “Air” status?
- Half Inch Hole: I don’t remember.
- Me: Do you know what I mean by what was the “Air” status?
- Half Inch Hole: Sure, the weather.
- Me: You’re telling me that you were wounded in action and don’t remember the place or big details like “Air”?
- Half Inch Hole: Yeah, I don’t remember.
- Me: OK buddy, here’s where I have to admit to being disingenuous about my status, I was in the military, and you apparently were not.
- Half Inch Hole: But..but…I was…
- Me: You said you were wounded by a weapon that would take your arm off or completely destroy it. You don’t remember the name of the town. You don’t remember what your “Air” status was that day. I call bullshit.
- Half Inch Hole: No, I really did.
- Me: No, you really didn’t. You can’t remember the name of a place you were wounded, it was just “Outside of Baghdad”. You don’t remember the status of your “Air”, and considering that that tells if you have air cover, like “Red” means you have no air cover at that point due to a number of circumstances, it’s a big deal, and everyone in a patrol knows the “Air” status. Since you have complete use of your arm, no recollection of the details you would know about a place you were wounded in combat, I call BS. Furthermore, you might want to consider that some guys who lost friends over there take a dimmer view of your lies, and would probably beat your ass right here. Fortunately for you, I’m just going to tell you to walk away RIGHT NOW!
- Half Inch Hole: But I……
At that point I just pointed behind him and as you can imagine, it was obvious that I was pissed, so I guess he decided not to push the issue, and he walked away. The girl I was talking to said he’d been telling everyone that story over the last couple months.
Would I have beat his ass? No, his kind are really not worth the effort and probable LE encounter. I reserve that for people that would stomp a flag in front of me. Please don’t give me your drivel about the first amendment. When you’ve had Buddies die defending the idea of what the flag stands for (not that it represents the US), it becomes more important, and I’ve made my line in that sand.
Wanna Be’s and Poseurs are a fact of life, especially during and after any war. Most are harmless story tellers, but some get into translating their stories into reasons why they should instruct you in various skills, and that becomes a danger to those who are being taught. When a Poseur says something to give the impression that he not only knows, but has done it, that goes beyond what is acceptable or overlooked. I understand some people have aspirations in life that are destroyed when they find out they are not able, but running with it anyway to make money or try to impress those around them is not only in poor taste, but it could get someone killed. Let’s look at some examples.
Bad asses don’t generally talk about how “bad ass’ they are. it is something that they “give off” when you meet them. Over at Kenny’s the comments brought up an interesting point. I find it hilarious that Kerodin actually wants people to think he’s a murderer. He has said this about himself, I’m ” a guy who has fed himself and then his wife for his entire fucking adult life without a dime of government money”. What does that mean? It means he was never in a position to be sanctioned (spy, intel guy, military personnel) to kill anyone (especially with a garrote, which is strictly an offensive weapon, correct?), and if he has, he’s a murderer. It’s easy to talk crap to impress people, but when you make certain types of statements that lead the reader to a foregone conclusion that you have committed an implied criminal act, you either recant what you said eventually, or reap the consequences.
Apparently, just like being unaware that an extortionist shouldn’t take a check, he is unaware that the statute of limitations doesn’t apply to murder. Personally, I don’t believe he’s ever killed a man, and why would you try and brag to look like you did anyway? That alone tells you he is just trying to make himself sound like a bad ass but has no actual, verifiable creds to begin with.
Finally, what do you say about a guy who talks so much crap, then puts out a “Self defense Doctrine” that starts off with the typical people that you would expect (politicians, LEO’s etc), then goes into a diatribe of the innocents that deserve to “get it”.
Kerodin wants your perception of him to be that of a stone cold “Killah”, and he can teach you to be one too. You and I are not stupid and we know that there is no substance to back up those implied claims. I was asked recently why I am so adamant about exposing his BS, and my response was simple. If I had read all these screenshots at one time, I would have never backed anything this conman ever said, and in so doing, I would not have led others to trust him. I am giving people that read this, the opportunity to have facts that I did not have (or like a dumbass, look for). Upon reading those facts in his own words, I know you will come to the same conclusions I did. He tried to use “Lawfare” against Kenny Lane at “Knuckledraggin My Life Away” by taking his guns and suing him (and tried to get Mark Firestone’s guns taken away). He tried posing as a reporter named Courtland Grojean, to making specious allegations to the State AG about my business (MDT) with the intent of getting me fired from my LE job. By the way, unless new facts come to light, or he does something so outlandish as to prove these points even more, I’m done taking my free time to help you decide if he is what we’ve said he is. You have all the facts you need to make a sound decision. I’ll end this with a quote from him.
American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE
“Sam Kerodin, III Percent Society”